A lot of people ask how they can join House Arcane. We have several types of members - Active Arcane Masters, Inactive
Arcane Masters, Apprentices, and a Page. In order to become an Active Arcane Master the following conditions must be met:
Inactive Arcane Masters are Arcane Masters who are no longer active in the game, and wish to allow others the chance
to become Active Arcane Masters. One of the ways for a spot to open for new Active Arcane Masters is for an Active Arcane Master
to be become inactive. The only other way is for all of the current Active Arcane Masters to pass a vote that raises the maximum number of Arcane
- There must be a current spot open. Currently the most Active Arcane Masters allowed is 35.
- Applicant must be at least level 40.
- Applicant must be nominated by a current Active Arcane Master.
- Applicant must be voted in by the current Active Arcane Masters. One "No" vote and the application is turned down (Not knowing
the applicant well is considered justification for a "No" Vote by any Arcane Master).
Active Arcane Masters do sometimes take on Apprentices. Apprentices never apply to become an apprentice, but are invited to
become apprentices by an Arcane Master. Asking an Arcane Master to be their apprentice is considered rude, and is a sure way to
not become an apprentice. Becoming an apprentice is one of the best ways to become nominated as an Active Arcane Master in the future.
Apprentices enjoy all of the benefits of house membership, but may not vote on house issues. Generally, the following conditions must be met
to become an apprentice:
The House Page is a special type of house member. Like an apprentice, the Page enjoys all of the benefits of house
membership, but can not vote on house issues. The Page is responsible for ensuring that the Arcane Masters are never in
need of food or drink while at house or social functions, assists Arcane Masters during meetings and such, and ensures that
the pool is clean of halfling fur. Currently there is only one position for House Page, and that spot is filled.
- The applicant is invited to become an apprentice by an Active Arcane Master.
- The applicant is the same profession as the sponsoring Arcane Master.
- The applicant must be at least level 5.